Welcome to DORO – Pull Up a Chair
“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” A. A. Milne
About a year ago, a story circulated about a 10 year-old Amiya Alexander who founded a mobile dance studio in Detroit, MI. Below, you’ll see the link the to story. The young businessgirl’s enthusiasm is contagious. Amiya’s bubbling with belief in herself, her vision and more importantly, her ability to execute her vision. Credit her mother who is shown discussing her inspired daughter, with actually giving the young lady the tools to build her dream.
Let’s look at what we can learn from Amiya.
1. Believe! If you’ve got an idea, an inspiration or vision – don’t dismiss it.
2. Write it down! Putting your vision on paper helps you to think it down to earth.
3. Find help. Knowing exactly who you need to assist you as you move through your plan in critical.
4. Know who believes with you. There are 100 naysayers to every 1 person who thinks your idea is viable. But that one person, like Amiya’s mom, will help to keep you motivated as you happen upon the inevitable obstacles.
5. Work the plan. You’ve got the map, the help, and the cheering section. Remaining confident will sometimes take as much work as actually operating the business. But you can do it as long as you are able to chart your progress.
Enjoy Amiya’s story and make certain to tap into your own childlike “I can fly to the moon” confidence.